Saturday, April 19, 2008

I FINISHED!!!

I accomplished a huge goal today of finishing the Salt Lake City Marathon! 26.2 miles was grueling, but thank goodness it's over! I finished in just under 5 hours, I believe my time was 4:59 in fact. I was expecting to do closer to 5.5 hours because my knee had been killing me in previous training runs. I took some ib profen before the race and my knee felt great the whole time, so I finished faster - yeehaw! Eran was my photographer for these few pictures we got - he got some cute ones of Sydney though -
The first one is of me fairly close to the finish line. I have a distressed look on my face because the finish line was on a bit of a whindy path and at that point in the race, I was so tired I just wanted to see the finish, but it was around the bend! The next picture is me holding Sydney and elated to be DONE! You can see by Sydney's hair that it was quite windy today, but other than that, the weather was beautiful (thank goodness)! Here is another picture of Sydney in the wind.

7 comments:

Happilyeverafterx3 said...

Hooray for you Hanna and accomplishing such a huge amazing goal. I so wish I could have been there with you. But for now I will just enjoy being the first to write a congratulation comment. I sure love you.

Shelly said...

You go girl!! My SIL ran too, wonder if you saw her.

I have no idea on marathon times, but it sounds great!!

melissa said...

You rock! Way to go. I am really proud of you. Way to set a massive goal and then make it happen.

Seth Hippen said...

WOOOO HOOOOOO! You're so cool. I feel better about myself just by being related to you. It makes me want to run a marathon too.

N for Fila said...

That's awesome, you're my hero...seriously,I could never! Great job!!!!

Scooby and Jon said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! (This is your cousin, by the way. I found your blog through Sunny's.) :)

Sarah said...

Hi Hanna. I love the pictures and the blog. Fantastic job on running the marathon! Thanks for e-mailing your blog site info to me. Sarah

Kiddos Birthdays

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

This is a link to the photobucket slideshow I made