The rules are as follows: List 3 Joys, 3 Fears, 3 Goals, 3 Current Obsessions/Collections, and 3 Random Surprising Facts About Yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names.
1. Being sealed to my family forever!
2. The knowledge of the gospel
1. drunk drivers
1. stay sane - oops, too late
2. independently wealthy
3. get next Friday night off from work
Three current obsessions/collections
1. clutter all over every surface in my house - it drives me crazy, but do I change it? HOW?!
2. sleep - I may be obsessed, but do I get enough of it? NO!
3. black dog hair(collection)
Three random surprising facts about me
1. I fight laziness daily and often loose
2. depression and anxiety are big factors in my #1 answer
3. oh, these are supposed to be surprising - I am going to a Motley Crue concert next month
Tag, you're it!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but is it just me or is May/June a crazy busy time of year for everybody? I am currently feeling guilty for blogging instead of five other urgent things that need to get done - let alone that I want to be in bed too! We had a fun family outing the other day that Sydney just can't stop talking about!
We got to go for a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine! It was just a short little ride on the Heber Valley Railroad, but Sydney was thrilled! We live right next to some railroad tracks, and most days we hear at least four or five trains go by. Sydney will often start talking about how Thomas is giving rides to some of his other friends. That is how we explained why Thomas was gone again when we were leaving the Heber train station to come home.
To you other parents out there, I pose a question. What is a good length of time to allow your children to watch T.V. a day? Sydney loves watching hours upon hours of TV, and I have been justifying it lately because it gives me a little free time to get my things done (cleaning, etc). I am worried that I am teaching her bad habits of watching too much TV. I'm thinking of putting a 4 hour time limit on for her. Is that too much, or too extreme in my expectations for a 2 year old?